When choosing a safe bicycle for your child consider the following points:
Look for a bike that is simple, safe, sturdy, and durable. Most children do not appreciate or use gear, hand brakes, and other safety features until age 9.
- Consult experts who can help choose a bike children can control but will not outgrow quickly. Children may lose control and be injured on a bicycle that is the wrong size.
- Buy training wheels that are made with strong steel and thick rubber NOT thin metal and plastic.
- Make sure fender edges are rolled over or coated to avoid cutting legs and fingers.
- Choose a bike with a chain guard and avoid wearing loose pant legs when riding.
- Choose a bike with knobby grippy pedals to keep feet safe.
FATWHEELS takes bicycle safety very seriously. Recently, we have started offering bike bundles on our website that pair a safe, high quality bicycle with a set of our adaptive training wheels. These bikes are manufactured & distributed by Kent International and our adaptive training wheels are used in hospitals, school settings and by riders of all ages and abilities all across North America. Both companies use only the highest quality materials and back them up with 100% confidence.
Until next time,